We Are Almost Ready!

October 27, 2013

Welcome to The XY Code!

We’re still putting on the finishing touches, and some of the links don’t work yet, but, you can use the buttons to the right to subscribe by RSS or email.

The XY code is an attempt to explain to women how the male mind works. If you know what he thinks, feels (yes, he has feelings) and desires (it’s not just sex) you will find it easier to share a life with him. The better you understand how God made him, the better you can bless him, and the better you can communicate your needs to him. This blog is not about “telling you what you should be doing for him” – it’s about having a better marriage for both of you. You cannot change him, but you can motivate him to change in ways that make your life easier. You can also learn small things that will make a big difference to him.

The XY code is a joint effort from Paul, aka The Generous Husband and Lori, aka The Generous Wife. Paul will do most of the posts, with Lori editing and saying “You can’t say that” as needed. Lori will be taking part in the comments.

Our intent is to post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. We expect to start posting on November 1st.

Hope you will join us!

Paul Byerly October 27, 2013 at 9:21 pm

To prevent spam, comments are moderated. If register, comments after the first is approved will be posted immediately.

We will limit comments from men – sorry!

dawn October 28, 2013 at 3:47 am

I’m looking forward to this. I’ve always loved studying the differences in the way the two genders think.

I clicked to follow you on Google Plus but it’s not really working yet. I have facebook but I typically reserve that for family news.

Paul Byerly October 28, 2013 at 11:19 am

Dawn – Facebook and G+ should be working now.

Nathan Martin October 28, 2013 at 5:49 am

I tried to subscribe by putting my email address in and pressing the Subscribe button and got this message: “The feed does not have subscriptions by email enabled!” Just fyi

Paul Byerly October 28, 2013 at 10:27 am

Strange – My tests last night worked, and I have 85 subscriptions this morning.

I’d take it personally! Please try again and let me know.

Debi October 28, 2013 at 5:57 am

Love the idea of this blog. May God bless each post with fruit that remains!
Debi recently posted…50 Shades Of Grace In Marriage – Part 5My Profile

Rachael October 28, 2013 at 6:09 am

I’m a long time reader of ‘generous wife’. This new blog is exciting! I’ve got my husband, who I’m learning to understand, but also a son — who is very much a mystery to me! I know your target audience is wives/husbands, but I hope to learn a bit more about the Little Man.
Rachael recently posted…Ways to participate in ‘talk like a pirate day’My Profile

Paul Byerly October 28, 2013 at 11:21 am

Rachael – Thanks for putting that in my head. Some of it will apply to boys, especially teens.

Bonny November 11, 2013 at 7:47 am

I’ve been on a journey trying to understand the male mind for years. I greatly look forward to your combined wisdom and insight!!