The goal of this blog is to explain to women what their husbands think and feel, and why they do what they do. However:
- This does not mean his way is right.
- It does not mean your way is wrong.
- Explaining in no way excuses or justifies any sin.
- Neither does it free him from the consequences of his choices.
What explaining can do:
- Equip you to reason with him.
- Make it easier for you to explain things in a way he will understand.
- Allow you to share your wants and needs more effectively.
- Give you opportunities to bless him.
- Make it more likely the two of you can work out problems.
In short, the better you understand him, the easier both of your lives should be.
It will seem at times that I expect you to do what it takes to change your marriage, letting him off the hook. When I talk to men, I focus on what they can do to better their marriage; when I talk to women, I focus on what they can do to better their marriage. I also tell men that the most mature spouse starts the changes…
I look forward to making the male mind a bit less confusing place for you!
~ Paul – XY and loving it!