You ever wonder what it’s like to own a penis? It’s a major part of being a man, and it has a significant impact on what and how we think. I doubt I can do it justice, but here’s my best attempt:
- It’s been there as long as we can remember. Unlike girl bits, ours are on the outside. Additionally, it has a habit of standing up and making itself known. Long before we had any idea what it was for, we knew it was there.
- It gives us pleasure. Before we were out of diapers, we knew touching if felt good – especially if it was hard or if we made it hard. At this age, it’s not sexual, it’s just a nice feeling.
- It has a mind of its own. No really, it does. At puberty, it develops a habit of standing at attention whenever it wants, regardless of how embarrassing we might find it. After a few years, we gain some control, but we’re never in full control. One of the worst things is the yawn erection, which can be sudden, exceptionally hard, and persistent. Most yawns don’t cause erections, and when it does happen is seems related to being tired, not other causes of yawning.
- It has a mind of its own – redux. In addition to unwanted erections, we can suffer from not having a wanted erection. Most men have a few experiences with this even if they don’t have problems most of the time. Stress and fear can cause this, as can alcohol and various drugs (both prescription and street). Occasionally it happens (or should I say doesn’t happen) for no discernible reason. You want sex, you’re excited, but your penis is on strike. Even worse is when it decides it’s done before we do and just deflates
- It has a mind of its own – part III. Sometimes we climax much faster than we would like. Other times it takes longer than we think it should. Some men have one or the other of these issues most or all the time, but any man can have either happen out of the blue.
- Being able to pee standing is convenient. On the other hand not being able to pee because we wake with a full bladder and a full erection is annoying and sometimes painful.
- Despite all this, we really like our penises. Many men enjoy touching it even when we’re not feeling sexual. It feels good; not really sexual good, but good.
- Erections feel great. Just being erect feels pleasurable. Pressing an erection against something feels better. Pressing it against our wife is great. Having her touch it in any way is the best.
I’m sure some men will differ with bits of this to some degree, but I suspect most will resonate with the vast majority of it. If you want first-hand info from your hubby this post might be a great conversation starter.
~ Paul – I’m XY and I hope this in not TMI!