Lori and I are away from our RV – and our computers, so this week I’m doing the three most read posts during 2015. Not the best of 2015, the posts with the most reads during the year. Enjoy!
Technically the #2 most read item is the Our Other Websites page which includes links to our other sites and blogs along with our social media.
#2: He Wants to Shower With You
I have no idea why this post was so popular. Maybe it’s just good clean fun?
A while back, someone asked me if I would do a survey on couples showing together. The results are here. More than two-thirds of the men said they like to shower with their wife “anytime”. Less than half the wives said the same. One and a half times as many men were in the “anytime” category. What was discouraging was the many comments from men who said they very much want to do this, but their wife is unwilling most or all of the time.
Your mileage may vary, but odds are your husband would like to shower with you, or do so more often. Why is this?
- Sex Yes, he gets to see you naked, so sex is a factor here even if nothing happens.
- Non-sexual nudity As one man said, it’s “a non-sexual way for me to be naked with my wife.”
- Conversation Several men said talking was a great part of taking a shower together.
- Hugging A couple of men mentioned how nice it is to hug in the shower.
- Intimacy One man said, “It’s mostly about intimacy and closeness for us, and is only occasionally sexual in nature.”
Some of the ladies said the same things. As one woman put it, “It’s a great time to reconnect, have fun, talk, and not be interrupted cause the kids find it gross!”
Reasons Women Don’t Want To
- Body image He thinks you look hot – really. Besides, it’s less revealing than some other options, so it’s a good way to get your feet wet – so to speak.
- He will get aroused Which would be an indication he thinks you’re hot. If the two of you aren’t having much sex, this could be a problem. Otherwise, it shouldn’t be an issue.
- He will expect sex right then If you are dead set against it, gently let him know you will shower with him, but sex will have to wait. You could also take care of him by hand if you like.
- He will want to touch me Sounds to me like he thinks you’re hot. Talk to him about what touch is okay and what is uncomfortable. Start with him washing your back and move on from there. Two men mentioned liking washing their wife’s hair, which can be very relaxing.
Why not give it a try? If he does something you don’t like, tell him. See if you can work out a joint shower that works for both of you.
Links may be monetised
Image Credit: © Vladimir Pavlović | Dreamstime.com
Shop Amazon ♦ Shop to give links page
We’re donation supported Thanks for your help!
Where we’re going Contact us about speaking