Erections Feel Good

April 1, 2016

Recently we had dinner with two other couples who are ministering about sex. No one at the table was shy about sex, and the conversation flowed freely. Both couples have a son or two of pre-school age, and as we discussed kids and sexuality one father said his sons liked erections, and liked holding them. We all had a good laugh, but this statement reveals a truth most women don’t understand.

Woman looking down man's pants © TonyRecena |

Erections feel good, and holding or pushing them against something feels even better. Yes, it can be sexual, but it’s not always. It feels physically pleasurable apart from sex.

This is no doubt why your husband pushed his erection up against you in bed. It feels nice to him. He many or may not be seeking sex. He may have just woken up with an erection, rolled over to hug you, and is enjoying all the sensations of hugging you with an erection.

Aside from helping you understand your husband (and your sons) a bit, you can use this information to bless him. After sex, run your hand down his body to his penis and touch him. Fondle and squeeze as you tell him how much you like this part of his body. If he gets erect (if?) hold him for a bit. Let him enjoy you enjoying his erection. At first, he may be confused, but once he understands he may find it a very nice thing. It’s a way to make sex less of a narrowly focused thing, which is good.

If you really want to blow his mind, when he bumps it up against you reach behind, take hold of it, and then do something to give him an orgasm. Repeat irregularly when he gives you a pokey hug.

~ I’m Paul, and I like my wife’s touch!

Image Credit: © TonyRecena |

Lynn April 1, 2016 at 2:09 am

I think that when you originally published a post about this, it was one of the most helpful things, outside the ‘Good Girl’s Guide’, for me in adjusting to marriage, so I thank you for this advice. However, once he’s had his ‘o’, he doesn’t want to be touched. (You’re right, there
are a lot of things we women wouldn’t just understand without some explanation!)

Paul Byerly April 1, 2016 at 6:14 am

@Lynn – Most men are hyper-sensitive right after orgasm, but that passes shortly. Some men are not comfortable with what they see as non-sexual touching of their penis by their wife. It does not have a place in their brains.
Paul Byerly recently posted…Friday Flashback: When There’s Too Much Quality TimeMy Profile

CSL April 1, 2016 at 12:22 pm

That’s when you go to the twins. ;)
CSL recently posted…Another Nothing Box?My Profile

Andrew Budek-Schmeisser April 1, 2016 at 5:44 am

Undoubtedly true, but not for all. I was burned in that part of body, and it made erections painful. I used biofeedback to learn to avoid them. Sex was possible, but never much fun, as the more sensitive stretched skin (which was thinner) could split.
Andrew Budek-Schmeisser recently posted…Your Dying Spouse 137 – Decide To Be Happy {FMF}My Profile

Paul Byerly April 1, 2016 at 6:16 am

@Andrew Budek-Schmeisser – Well that’s just a bummer all around!
Hang tough my friend, I love you.

J April 1, 2016 at 6:57 am

I think this is a good reminder, especially for moms of young sons. A few years ago, my then preschool aged son told me one night in the bathtub, “Mom! When I hold my penis it gets really big!” As a woman, I see erections as purely sexual and it was admittedly a little disconcerting for me to think my young son was having sexual thoughts. I quickly realized, though, that it was more about, “Hey, I just learned something about my body and it feels good.” I think moms (and dads) have to be really careful to gently teach their sons that it’s not okay to make their bodies have these reactions in any given situation without teaching them that the reactions themselves are wrong.

Jolie April 4, 2016 at 8:02 pm

Boys and their toys.

Paul Byerly April 5, 2016 at 6:31 am

@Jolie “Boys and their toys.”

LOL. But we share well!