What If Sex Were Like This?
A few weeks ago, I wrote a post with the same title on The Generous Husband. My goal was to help men understand some of the sexual frustrations and realities of being female. If he understands, he can sympathise and work to make it easier and better for you. I figure what’s sauce for the gander is sauce for the goose, so imagine sex for you was different. Imagine it was more like this:
- You think about sex a dozen times a day minimum, without any decision to think about it or any triggers.
- Seeing your husband without his shirt on makes you so horny you can’t remember what you were doing five seconds ago.
- Holding him close causes such arousal you ache between the legs.
- Really great sex at night can result in you waking up as aroused or more aroused as you were last night.
- When you see his penis, it takes all your will power not to just grab it.
- Once foreplay starts, you literally cannot think about anything but sex.
- Arousal causes you to get so swollen you can’t put your legs together, and there’s no ignoring it till it eventually goes away.
- Lying next to him in bed when you want sex and he doesn’t is physically and emotionally painful.
- Sometimes it’s so good you can’t hold back, and you climax a minute into intercourse even though you would really like it to go on and on.
- When it’s been awhile, you read “I want sex” into most of his words and actions, regardless of if it’s there or not.
If you experienced sex in this way, do you think you’d feel differently about sex? Would you be so interested sex you would seem obsessed? What if your husband could easily go weeks without sex and had no concept of the sexual struggles you faced?
Most men will identify with most of what I said above. Many will identify with all of it. Is it any wonder men are so eager for sex all the time?
I dare you to print out the list above and give it to your husband. Ask him which of those things he has ever experienced. Ask him which he’s experienced in the last month. Then ask him what you can do to help.
~ Paul – My XX wife gets it, which makes sex so much less of a problem!
Related Resource: Christian Sex Class recently posted some thoughts on how and what to discuss about sex – Talk About What?