His Sexual Fears
You know the unrealistic expectations the world and porn puts on your sexuality. But have you ever thought about the unrealistic expectations put on men?
- Most references I see to the “average penis size” are 20% to 35% percent larger than what is the real average size.
- Men are expected to have total control over their climax and to be able to last as long is it takes her to climax.
- Men are supposed to know how to turn a woman on – even if the woman has no clue what arouses her.
- A man is expected to get an erection on command and keep hard indefinitely.
Then there are the lies that go the other way:
- He should be able to ignore sex until his wife wants it.
- Men are oversexed brutes.
- His desires are all perverted.
There are plenty of other lies, but these few will give you the idea. If a man believes any of the lies, he’s playing a rigged game. The odds are poor he can match up to the first set of lies, which makes him feel sexually inadequate. The second set of lies causes him to question his desire and fear he is wronging his wife by wanting “so much sex” or wanting something more than missionary position.
These fears can cause men to hold back or even say no to sex. They can cause men to have sex problems they would not have if it were not for their fears.
A man’s wife can help a lot by telling him she enjoys his sexuality. He needs to hear he’s not a failure or a pervert, and he needs to hear it until it overcomes the lies he has believed.
~ Paul – I’m XY, and my wife knows how to encourage me!