Many would consider the title of this post, Sex Positive Christians, to be an oxymoron.
having or promoting an open, tolerant, or progressive attitude towards sex and sexuality.
In the world sex-positive means doing as many sexual things as possible, probably with as many individuals as possible. It certainly requires that you support the “right” of any adult to have any kind of consensual sex they want with any other adult – or adults.
It seems to me sex positive should be about making sex better. As a Christian I don’t see how advocating sin makes anything better. However, I know full well that the sex most couples are having falls way short of how great it could be. That is a major motivation for what Lori and I do; we want married couples to have awesome sex!
As with everything in our lives, the people we spend time with influences what we think about sex. If we grew up in the Church this likely means we have a less than positive view of sex. This is unfortunate. It’s also wrong because God is all about great sex in marriage.
Fortunately more and more Christians are realising that God is sex positive. If you know Christians like this, make a point of spending time with them. If you’re well grounded in this truth, be vocal about it!
Below are a few of my favourite sex-positive resources:
- Sex Chat for Christian Wives: These four sex-positive bloggers have been doing their podcast for a year now!
- Awaken Love: A class by and for women that says sex is good and to be enjoyed. Get the videos, grab a few friends, and make sex better for everyone.
- Hot Holy & Humorous: J covers a wide range of marriage things, but sex is a strong focus. Good information, great ideas, and plenty of humour!
- Intimacy in Marriage: Julie has a large number of great posts on making sex great, and she doesn’t pull any punches.
- Xes: Why Church Girls Tend To Get It Backwards…and How To Get It Right In a society where it seems sex is talked about everywhere but within the four walls of the church, and is sizzling everywhere except the marriage bed, it appears we may have a problem on our hands.
- The Passion Principles: Celebrating Sexual Freedom in Marriage God’s desire is for couples to enjoy vibrant sexual relationships without inhibition, awkwardness, fear, resentment, guilt, or shame.
- Intimate Issues: 21 Questions Christian Women Ask About Sex Answers the twenty-one questions about sex most frequently asked by Christian wives, as determined by a nationwide poll of over one thousand women
- Sheet Music: Uncovering the Secrets of Sexual Intimacy in Marriage For married couples and those engaged to be married, Sheet Music is a practical guide to sex according to God’s plan.
There are plenty of others. What I’ve listed here are resources that are primarily about sex and cover most aspects of sex.
~ Paul – I’m XY, and I’m a sex-positive Christian!
Image Credit: © sharpshutter22 | stock.adobe.com
Shop Amazon ♦ Shop to give links page
We’re donation supported Thanks for your help!
This post may contain affiliate links, see my disclosure for info.